20 June 2009

Upgrade to D300

I was always prepared towards FX format. But last week I made a decision to get a D300 in because of an unexpected promotion (16% off) on cameras in MediaMarkt in Eindhoven.

That's the real life. You never know what you gonna get.

OK, then talk about the D300.

After several days' playing with it, I found out that this Nikon's DX format flagship almost fixes every point not satisfying me on D80.
  • Well constructed, rugged body, even better than D700 (a D700 body was placed next to D300 in the shop)
  • Professional controlling system (simpling speaking, more useful buttons on the body)
  • Clearly improved dynamic range
  • 100% field for the view finder
  • AF adjustment
  • Up to 1/8000s shutter speed
  • Much more accurate metering system
  • Responsive 51-sensor AF system with a wide coverage
I think I made a smart decision to get in a D300 now, because my two reputable DX lenses (Tokina 11-16 F2.8 and Nikkor 16-85 VR) can stay important.





D300's price being stabilized