22 June 2014

One thing Ricoh needs to add for GR

Recently several friends decided to buy a GR after seeing my pictures and playing with it. They like the fact that GR integrates a sharp lens, fast focus, comfortable colour rendering into a iPhone sized, ergonomically designed metal+rubber body.

However, one thing more important is that I have a secret recipe for the customised settings of the camera, especially the adjusted positive film effect. That setting produces the colour my friends like, and also the operation they feel convenient with.

GR is a versatile compact camera. It's actually not designed for point-n-shooter.

All my friends who bought the GR asked me to promise them I would set their GR the same as mine, so that they can use it as point-n-shoot, while still generating the colour they like.

Simply go online to those forums, you will find tons of discussions about customised setting of GR.

Ricoh, when these customisations bring added value to owners, why not add a feature to make it easier to share? For instance, sort of export/import function.

Special edition of GR, total unit for sale = 5000